Do you have a job opportunity to advertise or are you interested in working within the ecotourism industry?
We are now offering FREE advertising for positions vacant for Ecotourism Australia certified operators and members! Our newsletter is received by close to 7,000 subscribers who share your interest in ecotourism.
DRIVER GUIDES NEEDED: TASMANIAN SMALL GROUP MULTI-DAY TOURS - UNDER DOWN UNDER TOURS
Under Down Under Tours is the leading operator of active small group tours in Tasmania. Operating since 1996, we are Tasmanian owned and operated, and offer a variety of day and multi-day tour experiences around our state. We have been Advanced Eco Certified since 2002 and are passionate about sharing Tasmania’s wild places and history. Our small group tours focus on nature-based experiences in iconic Tasmanian destinations such as Freycinet, Mt Field and Cradle Mountain National Parks, Bruny Island, the Tasman Peninsula, the West Coast and the Bay of Fires.
Our vision is to create genuine Tasmanian experiences that are respectful, responsible and exceptional, and powered by great people. We aim to deliver life-long memories and friendships for everyone we meet, and enjoy doing it.
We operate tours year-round and provide opportunities to work for a season or on a continuing basis. Our Driver Guides are a critical part of our business and are responsible for creating outstanding travelling experiences for our guests. The duration of our tours are varied and range from 1 day to 9 days and can involve walks undertaken with guests of up to 4 hours.
Our Driver Guides are fit, active, passionate about and comfortable in the outdoors. The provision of accurate, entertaining and informative commentary is an important part of the role along with ongoing safe and professional driving skills.
Above all our guides must be considerate and approachable and willing to lead small groups of people from a wide range of backgrounds, ages and cultures.
- Eligible applicants must have or be willing to obtain the following licenses or qualifications:
- Light Rigid license (minimum)
- Working with Vulnerable People Accreditation (or equivalent for another Australian State or Territory)
- Public Passenger Vehicle License (or equivalent for another Australian State or Territory)
- First Aid certification
- Full right to work in Australia
- Be able to provide excellent customer service
- Have highly developed interpersonal skills
- Be highly motivated and confident with working independently
- Be a terrific storyteller of local history, culture and nature
- Have good personal presentation
- Be physically fit and able to walk with guests for up to 4 hours
- Have excellent organisational skills
Previous guiding experience is preferred but not essential. A knowledge and love of the outdoors with a passion for the environment is a must.
How to apply:
We are hiring on a rolling basis. If you are interested in the role, we recommend you apply promptly – please email email@example.com with a cover letter and your resume.
COMMUNITY AND VOLUNTEER PROGRAM MANAGER - ACT PARKS AND CONSERVATION SERVICE
The ACT Parks and Conservation Service (PCS) is seeking a people person that believes in the power of community to make a difference. The Community and Volunteer Programs Manager works with community partners to develop, facilitate and evaluate programs that enable community and volunteer engagement in projects throughout the reserve estate.
The position works under limited supervision and is responsible for the delivery of the ParkCare Initiative, including the ParkCare Patch, VisitorAssist, WildlifeAssist and RangerAssist volunteer streams. The position supervises a team of staff and works to support PCS District staff and community partners to engage and promote the involvement of community members in reserve management activities.
- Be physically able and willing to undertake incident management duties, including participation in fire standby, fire suppression and fire training.
- Be prepared to wear a uniform; and
- Possess a manual drivers’ licence.
- Prior to commencing this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to Volunteer Management, Natural or Cultural Resource Management and/or Recreation or Tourism Management in protected areas are desirable but not essential.
Notes: An order of merit will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months. Selection may be based on application and referee reports only.
How to Apply: Please submit a written application addressing the Selection Criteria limiting responses to 350 word per criteria, along with your current curriculum vitae, listing two referees and their contact details.
VOLUNTEER FIELD OFFICERS WANTED – LORD HOWE ISLAND
The Lord Howe Island Rodent Response is currently looking for Volunteer Field Officers.
This is a challenging but rewarding position for a dedicated and motivated individual with a keen interest in making a contribution to conservation.
Undisputedly one of the most unique and beautiful places in the world, World Heritage Lord Howe Island is made up of 75% protected park preserve, encompassed in a marine park, and is as fascinating as it is beautiful. With a legacy of world class conservation projects under its belt, Lord Howe Island undertook a Rodent Eradication in 2019, the largest populated location to undertake a full scale rodent eradication in the world.
In April 2021, 16 months post eradication, a rat was sighted, launching a full scale rodent response which is currently in progress. Global experts in rodent biology and eradications are involved in delivering the response which is one of the largest responses globally.
Your involvement will assist us in monitoring, locating and removing rats from Lord Howe Island – enabling you to participate in a program that will change the lives of critically endangered animals, all whilst enjoying the pristine natural environment of Lord Howe Island.
July saw us reach the halfway point of our ground baiting operation and enter one of the most critical phases of the project as we hunt down the few remaining individual rodents. We have made good progress in removing invasive rats and now seek your support to continue our efforts.
The position of volunteer Field Officer – Rodent Response involves undertaking pest and weed management activities and revegetation on World Heritage listed Lord Howe Island.
Volunteer field officers will join our Ground Operations team servicing external bait stations and monitoring devices over the settlement area of the island, replenishing bait, logging bait take and rodent sign as we move through the ground baiting network.
We will provide:
- Return flights to Lord Howe Island from major cities (including Port Macquarie and Newcastle)
- Accommodation for the duration of your stay (shared)
- A small stipend to cover living expenses
- Note: Preference will be given to candidates indicating that they are prepared to stay for longer periods and who hold a current ChemCert
- Physically fit
- Hold a ChemCert qualification or be willing and able to obtain this qualification prior to arrival
- Available to volunteer for 4-8 weeks (Min 4)
- Field work experience with an emphasis on attention to detail highly regarded
Starting date: As soon as possible, spaces are limited, apply today.
For additional information regarding the project please visit https://www.lhib.nsw.gov.au/community/news/rodent-incursion-response
Please apply via email including covering letter, CV and the contact details of two referees to:
Rodent Response Manager
02 6563 2066 ext 40
JOIN THE ZOO TEAM - MONARTO SAFARI PARK
Are you an engaging storyteller who possesses a passion for conservation and is wildly enthusiastic about providing unique visitor experiences?
Monarto Safari Park is currently looking for an experienced Tour Host/Driver who will lead the way in delivering unforgettable experiences in interpretive guided safari tours, driver guiding tours, hosting behind the scenes experiences and bush walks. The position is offered in a casual capacity with the opportunity for additional hours at peak periods.
To find out more click here.
TOURISM OFFICER - WIMMERA MALLEE, VICTORIA
Yarriambiack Shire Council is looking to appoint a qualified and experienced Tourism Officer to efficiently manage Wimmera Mallee Tourism projects. The successful candidate will support the delivery and the development of projects including committees of management, grant programs and capital work within the Shire’s of Buloke, Hindmarsh, West Wimmera and Yarriambiack.
This is a full time limited tenure (2 year contract) and applications close Friday 30 July 2021.
To read the full Position Description click here.
WALKING TOUR GUIDE | PARK TREK
Park Trek Walking Holidays is a well-established tour company which has been delivering walking holidays around Australia for the past 20 years. We are seeking walking tour guides to coordinate and host a range of walking tours in Tasmania.
Successful applicants must be based in Tasmania and be able to work out of Hobart and/ or Launceston. You would ideally have experience as a tour guide or extensive bushwalking experience and knowledge and be available for the full touring season including staff training. The successful applicant will be available to guide tours over the touring season which runs from mid-September to late May.
Tour destinations include:
- Bay of Fires
- Cradle Mountain
- Tasman Peninsula
- Bruny Island
The successful applicant will have an interest in natural history, flora and fauna and knowledge of walking trails in some if not all of the destinations listed above.
Park Trek offers a quality experience to guests. You will need to be well organised, well presented and have the ability to communicate with other guides, management and guests from diverse backgrounds. Other personal characteristics that are desirable for this role include being flexible, open to change and able to problem solve.
Other requirements to be addressed in your application:
- Certificate III or higher qualification in guiding, outdoor recreation, outdoor leadership, environmental science or education, or equivalent work experience in small group walking tours or a similar environment
- Hold a current Wilderness First Aid certificate (SISSS00126), remote first aid certificate, equivalent first aid qualification or higher
- Hold a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certificate (HLTAID001)
- Hold Food Handling Level 1 (SITXFSA001) or similar food safety certification
- Hold a current drivers license (Medium Rigid license an advantage)
- Hold Public Passenger Vehicle accreditation in Tasmania or be able to obtain prior to commencement of the tour season
- Experience preparing meals for groups
This is an exciting opportunity for a guide to be part of an established business. If you have a passion for the great outdoors, looking for a new challenge or change of pace then we want to hear from you.
To apply, please send us your resume detailing your suitability for the role, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the position description or any other information.
Application closes 5pm July 20th 2021
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY IN ADELAIDE HILLS, SOUTH AUSTRALIA
The Hens Heysen Foundation is seeking a partner to develop accommodation in Adelaide Hills adjacent to The Cedars, a highly popular tourist attraction. The attraction, bringing 1,500,000 tourists to Hahndorf annually, provides an opportunity for prospective ecotourism accommodation operators to construct boutique overnight stays with luxury cabins in the woods and glamping facilities.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop accommodation on the adjoining block to The Cedars.
Details of the land available can be found here.
See more details on this investment opportunity and submit your expression of interest here.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT AND MEDIA ADMINISTRATOR | FUN OVER FIFTY
Fun Over Fifty are seeking applications for an experienced Travel Document and Media Administrator to join their team.
The Company… Fun Over Fifty Pty Ltd is a progressive, multi-award-winning wholesale tour company that specialises in escorted group holiday experiences around Australia and overseas.
The Position… This role is 38 hours per week Monday to Friday and is responsible for providing high-level administration, travel document control, social media posts, website back-end maintenance and creative writing.
To find out more, click here.
WFH RESERVATIONS OPERATIONS MANAGER | LIVE NINGALOO
Live Ningaloo is an Advanced Ecotourism certified, multi-award-winning tourism operator offering something special to the traditional whale shark and humpback whale swimming experience in Exmouth WA, Ningaloo Reef.
An opportunity is now available for an experienced Reservations Operations Manager to join their team and the best part is, you will be able to work from home.
Your role as Reservations Operations Manager is the go-to person between the owners and everyone else. This position is the glue holding all of the details together, responsible for making a great first impression to visitors, selling tours, as well as planning and coordinating the tour to ensure the crew are prepared. Live Ningaloo wants you to be proactive in making changes to systems and procedures in order to optimise productivity, create efficiencies, reduce errors and grow sales.
Key responsibilities will include, not limited to:
- Ensuring every guest has an easy and enjoyable booking experience via management of phone, email, social media and website enquiries.
- Aiming to exceed targets set for tour bookings on a monthly basis
- Regular review and update of digital marketing content
- Scheduling and pricing of all tours and maintaining correct availability via our booking software, third party sites, and internal documents
- Assisting guests in their questions about the region, other tours they should check out anything that will make their time whilst on holiday memorable
- Liaising with affiliates when necessary locally and abroad
- Identifying opportunities for sales growth and assisting with the development of products and marketing strategies to target new markets
- Providing crew and owner briefings
- Management of vessels stock inventory levels, paperwork and manuals
- Ensuring scheduled reservation payments are made on time
For more information and to apply, click here.
LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE ROLE IN TOURISM?
EcoWalks Tours are seeking talented walking guides to deliver high levels of customer service through face to face client interactions whilst engaging EcoWalks Tours’ customers in the natural, traditional, social and cultural heritage within the Sydney Harbour National Park and surrounding areas.
Furthermore, apply the ecotourism framework to ensure minimal disturbance to the natural ecology and cultural heritage whilst conducting walking tours.
Additionally, manage individual health and safety as well as protect customers from hazards and practice best industry standards to reduce the risk of an incident.
Overall, apply knowledge and understanding of tour highlights whilst following policies in order to create a positive and memorable experience for all customers of EcoWalks Tours.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn about the local natural ecology and cultural heritage
- Preferred but not essential work experience within the tourism industry
- Demonstrates high levels of customer service and ICT skills
- Demonstrates strong capabilities in problem solving
- Advocate for the conservation of Australia’s native flora and fauna
- Maintains a current provide first aid certificate
- Working With Children Check clearance
Contact Alan Toner for further information on how to apply: email@example.com.
Find out more about EcoWalks Tours here.
TOUR GUIDES | SAVANNAH GUIDES
Undara Experience, North QLD
Their Guiding Crew needs your help!
Undara requires experienced or inexperienced Tour Guides for their award-winning range of Lava Tube and Nature-based Tours. On the job training. Immediate Start!
Contact Ivor Davies: 0418 730 882 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about Undara Experience here.
Contact Savannah Guides to find more job opportunities like this.
INTERNSHIPS WITH ECOTOURISM AUSTRALIA
Ecotourism Australia regularly offers internships and volunteer placements to interested candidates and students studying in the fields of tourism management, marketing, eco and sustainable tourism, and environmental science. Our internships and volunteer placements are unpaid, located in Brisbane QLD, and typically require a minimum of three days per week for a minimum duration of three months. Applications for periods of less that 12 weeks will not be considered. To apply for an internship or volunteer placement, please send a cover letter and CV, along with preferred dates for your placement, to Shea Wittig at email@example.com.
Internships available from October 2021.
**Due to travel restrictions and international border closures, we are not accepting international intern applications at the moment.**