Do you have a job opportunity to advertise or are you interested in working within the ecotourism industry?
We are now offering FREE advertising for positions vacant for Ecotourism Australia certified operators and members! Our newsletter is received by more that 3,000 subscribers who share your interest for ecotourism.
INTERNSHIPS WITH ECOTOURISM AUSTRALIA
Ecotourism Australia regularly offers internships and volunteer placements to interested candidates and students studying in the fields of tourism management, marketing, eco and sustainable tourism, and environmental science. Our internships and volunteer placements are unpaid, located in Brisbane QLD, and typically require a minimum of three days per week for a minimum duration of three months. Applications for periods of less that 12 weeks will not be considered. To apply for an internship or volunteer placement, please send a cover letter and CV, along with preferred dates for your placement, to Nadine Schramm at email@example.com.
GROUP MARKETING MANAGER - AVIAR | HELISPIRIT | FRESHWATER EAST KIMBERLEY APARTMENTS | BUNGLE BUNGLE SAVANNAH LODGE | BUNGLE BUNGLE GUIDED TOURS
Aviair, HeliSpirit and associated companies ( Freshwater East Kimberley Apartments, Bungle Bungle Savannnah Lodge, Bungle Bungle Guided Tours) are looking for a Marketing Manager to be a part of our management team. In this key position, you will be an integral member of the sales and marketing team, providing expertise and direction in all aspects of marketing activities in line with the overall business strategy.
Our rapidly expanding group of aviation and tourism businesses operate throughout the Kimberley and Pilbara regions of Western Australia, and into the Northern Territory. We also transport people and freight across vast and isolated regions providing essential transport services to remote towns and communities.
Working closely with the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for preparing and implementing the Marketing plan and strategies to achieve greater profitability through increased revenue, and business volume.
You will need to enjoy helicopter flights and light plane flights to be able to experience the thrilling adventure tours we offer.
Ideally you will have a high level of experience in the tourism industry, with a network of contacts in tourism and associated media. You will have outstanding digital marketing knowledge, written and verbal communication skills and be able to work well in a team environment, whilst also mentoring and motivating reporting staff members. Travel is an essential part of this role with your base office situated in Broome, Kununurra or Perth.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for actively marketing and promoting all group businesses with the aim to grow them and increase brand awareness.
- Responsible for planning, choosing and implementing the marketing and promotional activities, in consultation with the MD
- Responsible for the preparation and implementation of the Marketing Plan.
- Network building and maintaining relationships with relevant partners in tourism and business, including committee positions on relevant associations.
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring the budgets for all promotional and marketing activities
- Responsible for managing the PR aspects of the businesses including Sponsorships
- Management of E-Marketing, Print Media, Advertising (Print & Digital)’ Media Journalists and Public Relations, Statistics Collation, Product Development, Merchandise, Tenders and Submissions, Sponsorship and Customer Service.
An attractive remuneration package is offered for the role.
Please send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cape Cassini Wilderness Retreat, Kangaroo Island, South Australia
An Advanced Ecotourism certified business, the retreat is built on a withdrawn hectare of land from the Heritage Agreement property known as Section 130 on the North Coast of Kangaroo Island, South Australia. The property also has a significant Carbon Credit potential and fossil search possibilities on the foreshore.
Section 130 is 176 Ha of diverse coastal land fronting on to 2.25 km of foreshore and spectacular cliff views and is roughly 40 km or 40 minutes drive from the main town on the island, Kingscote and the airport.
More details of this property can be seen on the following link and video: www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-cassini-128275610
Saunders Gorge Sanctuary, Ecotourism Business Venture - Sanderston, South Australia
Currently operating as an accredited ecotourism business, this 81 Hectare (200 acre) holding offers spectacular rugged scenery combined with modern facilities within a uniquely Australian Outback environment but within easy reach of the city. With a large licensed restaurant and four very comfortable eco cabins for overnight guests, this holding caters perfectly for camping businesses, education camps, retreats, bed and breakfast, corporate retreats, 4x4 enthusiasts, walking enthusiasts, local & international tourists.
Situated only 75km from Adelaide and 20 minutes drive from Mannum on the River Murray, Saunders Gorge Sanctuary rare attributes offers an exciting and unique opportunity to meet the demands of the increasing tourism trade to South Australia.
Take an in depth look at the property through our video on Youtube.
To discuss further contact Angus Campbell
Mobile: 0411 737 794
Harcourts Adelaide Hills RLA 158908
Ambassadors | Fair Food Forager
Want to change the way the world eats?
Across the globe, humans waste 40% of the all the food that is grown, and add the equivalent of a garbage truck full of plastic to our oceans every minute. Add to this, unsustainable fishing practices, excessive food miles and the mistreatment of animals and there is no doubt we need to change the way we eat.
Fair Food Forager is here to make life's smart food choices a lot easier. We find, list and share the most ethical and environmentally sustainable food options all over Australia.
But we need your help.
We want to enlist, enthusiastic, health conscious, environmentally aware foodies. To help us populate the website / app in order to assist anyone else searching for a low impact meal.
You do this by:
- Shopping for food (as you would normally)
- Eating out in your home town or while travelling (as you would normally)
- Loading your discoveries directly to www.fairfoodforager.com
- Taking photos and tagging us in your social media posts
- Sharing your listings with your network
- Sending images to us to share on social media (we will credit you)
- Speak to the owners of your discovery, do an 'impact audit' on their business then provide them with a page on the website / app once we ascertain where their strengths lie
- Share your images and stories with our social media friends (giving you credit)
- Lead others to your favourite business by featuring them in newsletters etc
- Feature you in a blog, newsletter or social post
It's just about living your life as you normally would, but thinking of helping others discover what you already know, and having fun while you do it.
If you're interested in finding out more, email us at email@example.com
And help us change the way the world eats.
One meal at a time.