Congratulations to Airlie Beach Day Sailing for achieving Advanced Ecotourism Certification
Congratulations to our newest certified operator, Airlie Beach Day Sailing, for achieving Advanced Ecotourism Certification for their Private Charter tour and Full Day Gourmet Sailing Experience!
Airlie Beach Day Sailing (ABDS) are a small family operated business who are dedicated to offering visitors unique and authentic sailing experiences aboard their 36-foot sailing yacht ‘Amadeus’. By allowing no more than 10 guests on their day trips or private charters, Airlie Beach Day Sailing can provide their visitors with the opportunity to relish in the peace and tranquillity of sailing to secluded locations in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef.
The owners and operators firmly believe in the rule of taking nothing but photographs and memories, and leave nothing but footprints. It is this ideal that gives guests the exceptional experience on board where they have the opportunity to see dolphins, turtles, whales and even dugongs while exploring the pristine beaches by swimming or snorkelling. All tours provide tapas style gourmet lunch made freshly onboard by a French chef.
ABDS’s environmental policy includes the following principles:
- Contribute to the conservation objectives of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
- Contribute to the conservation objectives of the Whitsunday Islands National Park.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental and or conservation legislation and requirements as set out by the Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing, Queensland.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental and or conservation legislation and requirements as set out by the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Association.
- Identify and minimise all possible environmental risks associated with the operation of ABDS.
- Ensure there are no long term environmental or cultural impacts from the operation of ABDS.
- Monitor all waste produced with the operation of ABDS.
- Reduce contributions to greenhouse gas emissions and improve resilience and adaptation to climate change.
- Educate tourists travelling to the Whitsunday Region on how to reduce their impact by developing their appreciation and understanding.
- To monitor and record any Crown of Thorn Starfish sightings and significant changes to regularly visited reefs.
Congratulations once again to Airlie Beach Day Sailing for achieving Advanced Ecotourism Certification and welcome to the Ecotourism Australia family!
[Photo credit: Airlie Beach Day Sailing]