CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEWEST CERTIFIED OPERATOR, MAGNUMS BACKPACKERS FOR ACHIEVING NATURE TOURISM CERTIFICATION!
Magnums Backpackers lies in the heart of Airlie Beach and is a 360-bed purpose-built resort (including a built-in travel agent offering a diverse range of products) which is surrounded by a beautiful rainforest.
Magnums backs onto Conway National Park which is of high biological significance, as it is the largest area of lowland tropical rainforest in the state outside Tropical North Queensland. To protect this unique area, Magnums Backpackers have an awareness package for guests that outlines their policies on animal interaction and feeding, energy, water saving, waste minimalisation and pollution. Their ongoing development vision is to ensure their property is integrated and remains respectful of its tropical surroundings.
In achieving their Nature Tourism Certification, Magnums Backpackers’ environmental aims and objectives include:
- Minimising their consumption of energy and water.
- Minimising their generation of waste.
- Educating their guests on their environmental policies and how to reduce their impact by developing their understanding and education.
- Sourcing products locally where possible (i.e. construction, repairs and maintenance, food, beverage and furnishings).
- Employing local staff.
- Continuing to improve the environment and performance of their operation.
- Monitoring and accessing environmental opportunities, risks and impacts on a regular basis.
- Supporting local flora and fauna initiatives undertaken by other likeminded businesses in the region.
- Ensuing no long term environmental or cultural impact are a result of their operations.
Congratulations once again to Magnums Backpackers for achieving Nature Tourism Certification and welcome to the Ecotourism Australia family!
[Photo Credit: Magnums Backpackers]