SHANNON ARCHITECTS BECOME ECOTOURISM AUSTRALIA’S NEWEST BUSINESS MEMBER
South Australian multi-award-winning architects Shannon Architects have become the newest addition to Ecotourism Australia’s list of Business Members.
Established in 1978, Shannon Architects provide consulting services for a diverse range of project types, including tourism and interpretative planning, architectural services, feasibility studies, planning studies and project management.
Their environment and tourism projects, which feature interpretation, landscape and urban design aspects, have included:
- The reception building for Ecotourism certified Australian Arid Lands Botanic Garden – showcasing many environmental features including rainwater harvesting, passive air conditioning, effluent treatment for irrigation and solar site lighting.
- Belair National Park – upgrade to visitor facilities and amenities; increase in conservation areas; new reception building and road network
- Flinders Chase visitor Centre – featuring interpretative, retail and external areas as well as administrative zones. Design themes incorporate the geology and topography, flaura and fauna of the Rocky River and broader Flinders Chase National Park, Kangaroo Island
- Kakadu National Park – working in consultation with Traditional Owners to install a suite of infrastructure concepts, including visitor shelters, furniture and fencing
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail – design of four isolated campgrounds along this five-day trek, including low impact shelters and amenities.
- Naracoorte Caves Visitor Centre – master planning services for improved visitor facilities, including car parking, pedestrian and vehicle circulation
- Rocky River precinct – redevelopment of the Rocky River Precinct for the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, including a visitor and administration centre, University of Adelaide Research Centre, staff accommodation, campground ablutions, works depot, day visitor shelters and BBQs, site rehabilitation and landscaping and site services and reticulation.
Shannon Architects has won numerous Sustainable Architecture awards, including for the Rocky River Precinct project and the Flinders Chase Visitor Centre.
We are pleased to welcome Shannon Architects to our Ecotourism Australia business network.
For more information, please visit the Shannon Architects website.
[All images from Shannon Architects website.]