Queensland Tourism Award Entrant Support Programs
The Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) has recently announced their new and improved entrant support program and would love all operators to know about it and help entries into the awards.
With the nominations open for the Queensland Tourism Awards (Wednesday 22nd March - 1 June 2017), we thought it would be important for our members wanting to apply to know of the entrant support program that the Queensland Tourism Industry Council have put in place.
This program allows applicants to not stress about time since the application format has been smartly streamlined into an online submission portal that will allow applicants to work on their submission over the coming months. It is now possible to save your work and come back to your submission when you have time. There is no need for graphic designers, the simplified submission portal means you can edit as you go through the online portal!
This support program is composed of:
• **New in 2017** Master Class Series - interactive group mentoring sessions (see below)
• Your Guide to Writing an Award-Winning Submission
• Judges Tip Sheet
• Webinar (Conducted in May)
• One on one Mentoring (face to face or via skype)
• Regional Workshops (Conducted throughout May and June)
• Writing Submissions - Contractors that can assist with reviewing/assisting with your submission
• Paid Submission Review Service (July/August)
The new Master Class Series is probably the most beneficial for applicants. It is a 4-hour interactive group mentoring session that will take place across various locations throughout the State. There can only be 20 participants per session in order to ensure quality mentoring opportunities. These sessions are open to everyone interested learning more about the Queensland Tourism Awards. We encourage new and previous awards entrants to participate in these sessions to prepare more thoroughly for the Awards.
The main topics that will be discussed are:
• role and importance of accreditation;
• in-depth review of awards categories and criteria, including business plan, marketing plan, risk analysis and customer service;
• hints and tips for preparing and writing your submission;
• insights into how to review and analyse your business operations;
• how to address and build on past submission critique;
• resources to assist the nominee and
• identification of the next 3 steps required to complete your submission.
For the Master Class Series remember to bring:
• laptop to access the new online-portal system;
• what you have so far for your submission in 2017 or word copy of your 2016 submission and
• if applicable, judges feedback from 2016.
And here is the list of dates and locations for the Master Class Series. Remember to register early due to limited spaces available.
- Townsville - 23 May
- Tropical North Queensland - 25 May morning session
- Tropical North Queensland - 25 May afternoon session
- Capricorn Region - 29 May
- Gold Coast - 6 June
- Brisbane - 7 June
- Whitsundays - 9 June
- Fraser Coast - 16 June
For new entrants, make sure you take advantage of QTIC’s FREE ‘First-Time Entrant Webinars’ . These workshops will cover the following topics:
- effort versus benefits
- judges and the judging process
- what judges are looking for
- an outline of the criteria and questions
- useful tips
- accreditation requirements
- new online submission process
The webinar will be conducted via 'Go-To Webinars'. Upon registration you will receive all the information required to join the webinar.
When: Thursday, 25 May 2017
We hope to see many of our Ecotourism Operators apply for the Queensland Tourism Awards !