Tropical North Queensland Tourism Award Winners
Congratulations to all the winners in the Tropical North Queensland Tourism Awards for 2014. Ecotourism Australia has been thrilled to see that almost all winners in applicable categories held Ecotourism Australia certification.
Awards went to the following deserving and outstanding certified operators:
- Hall of Fame - Bloomfield Lodge (Advanced Ecotourism, EcoLodges of Australia)
- Tourist Attractions - Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours (Advanced Ecotourism, Climate Action Leader)
- Ecotourism - Skyrail Rainforest Cableway (Advanced Ecotourism, Climate Action Innovator)
- Indigenous Tourism - Mossman Gorge Centre (Ecotourism & ROC certified)
- Tour and/or Transport Operator - Ocean Safari (Advanced Ecotourism)
- Grant Broadcasters Adventure Tourism Award - Jungle Surfing Canopy tours (Advanced Ecotourism, Climate Action Leader)
- Tourism and Caravan Parks - Big 4 Atherton Woodlands Tourist Park (Nature Tourism)
- New Tourism Development - Sailaway (Advanced Ecotourism & Climate Action Leader)
- Sustainable Tourism - Passions of Paradise (Advanced Ecotourism & Climate Action Leader)
- Young Achiever’s Award - Adam O’Malley, Passions of Paradise, Sales and Marketing Manager
The prestigious awards recognise outstanding operations, best practice and contribution to the growing industry, Ecotourism Australia once again commends all operators to take home awards.