LICENSING AND PERMITS
Certification is recognised and rewarded by Australian State licence and permit mangers. To find out the industry recognition applicable to your business click here.
OPERATOR CREDIBILITY AND RECOGNITION
- For all certified operators, certification is recognition of a high standard of operations when applying for grants, awards, licenses or permits.
- For ECO Certified operators, this program has been recognised by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC).
- For ECO operators certified for 10 years or more, you will receive a listing as Green Travel Leader and opportunity to use the Green Travel Leader logo in your marketing material.
- Certification schemes offer independent assessment and recognition of your credentials for consumers to be assured of your commitment to quality and service.
MARKETING AND PROMOTION
- Free listing (with image, your website and contact details) on Ecotourism Australia's website and searchable under the Green Travel Experiences tab - this is promoted at ATE to international buyers.
- Free linking of your products to an interactive map on Ecotourism Australia's website
- An opportunity to upgrade to our premium web listing options on Ecotourism Australia's website
- Free opportunities to feature in our monthly EcoBytes newsletter distributed to over 6,500 subscribers.
- Be represented at ATE.
- Ecotourism Australia regularly features certified operators through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and reaches close to 13,000 followers.
- Ecotourism Australia will feature and refer to Certified operators in Green Expos, trade events, media referrals and editorials.
- 25% discount for the Annual Global Eco Conference.
- FREE listings for Certified operators and EcoGuides to advertise on Eco Jobs on our website and in EcoBytes.
- Dual Certification for ECO and ROC – no additional annual fee.
- Heavily discounted fee for operators already Certified through ECO or Climate Action to gain a second certification.
- EcoGuide discounts for operators with multiple certified EcoGuides.
MEMBERSHIP WITH ECOTOURISM AUSTRALIA
- Membership of Ecotourism Australia with all certifications.
- Nominated representatives have full voting rights at the Annual General Meeting held at the Global Eco Conference each year.
- Nominated representatives have right to nominate and/or stand for election to the Board of Directors of Ecotourism Australia.
SHARING BEST PRACTICE AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Commitment to the ECO, ROC and Climate Action certification programs demonstrates a commitment of continuous improvement through certification upgrades, external audits and an opportunity to use developed templates for improving business performance.
- Opportunity to feature in, or provide ecotourism case study for publication and distribution through Ecotourism Australia.
- Opportunity to create local networks of tourism professionals with certification to promote operations and encourage shared practices.