The EcoGuide program provides individuals with a credential, endorsing the recipient as a guide who will deliver an authentic, environmentally responsible and professional experience.
What does the program cover?
The EcoGuide program covers both generic guiding skills and EcoGuide specific minimal impact skills.
Generic Guiding skills
- Knowledge of the tourism industry
- Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of a guide and in particular an EcoGuide
- Communication skills
- Safety, OH&S and risk management
- Group management
- Developing and delivering tour activities
- Knowledge of subject matter
EcoGuide Specific Skills
- Planning and implementing minimal impact principle
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Ensuring activities respect Aboriginal culture and follow appropriate protocols regarding sharing of information on Aboriginal culture